We respect the privacy of your personal data and recommend you read the notice carefully. Our Privacy Notice will explain what information we collect, why and how we collect it, and your rights in relation to your personal data.
Our use of your personal data is subject to your instructions and agreement, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other relevant UK and EU legislation and our professional duty to protect your data.
This website is managed by Watson & Watson. The data controller is Joanne Watson, Watson & Watson Property Management, 166 Peel Street, Leeds, LS27 8RH.
When you visit our website, office or telephone our office, you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, e.g. to make a property enquiry and arrange a property viewing. We will collect:
• Your name
• Email address
• Telephone number
• Information to enable us to check and verify your identity and UK residence
• Information relating to the reason you are seeking our advice or response, e.g. to arrange a property viewing
If you use our service, we may ask you to provide additional personal information. For example, to create a Tenancy Agreement, Terms of Business or Guarantor Agreement. The information we ask for may include all or some the following:
• Full name, email address, contact numbers, current address and where appropriate next of kin details, e.g. to inform a parent a tenant is ill.
• University or employment status and relevant references
• Information to enable us to check and verify your identity and for credit-check or other purposes, including date of birth, passport and national insurance number
• Your financial details relevant to your instruction
• Any other relevant information to enable Watson & Watson to comply with our legal and contractual responsibilities, including mortgage statements, proof of property purchase and building and contents insurance.
We collect most information from you directly or when you complete one of our standard application or registration forms, in order that we may assist you. We may also collect information directly from a third party with your consent. Third party providers may include;
• Credit referencing agency and reports;
• Next of kin, spouse, partner or other family member;
• Government or land registers;
• Insurance companies;
• Your bank or building society;
• Your referees and guarantors;• University, employer or other professional bodies
• Property portal websites including RightMove, Zoopla and other third-party sites Watson & Watson employs (we recommend you read each third-party portal sites Privacy Notice)
• Via our website (watsonandwatsonpropertymanagement.com).
• Third party contractors
We will only collect information from you that is relevant to the service(s) you require of Watson & Watson and to enable us;
• to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
• to comply with our legal and regularly obligations
• to establish a contract with you, e.g. a Tenancy Agreement or Terms of Business and provide the service you require
• for any other purpose where you have given consent
• For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, e.g. financial ability to rent a property
From time to time we may disclose your information to third party suppliers and sub-contractors who act on our behalf or assist us in relation to the services we provide. For example, we may disclose your information to credit referencing agencies regulatory bodies so we may comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, or maintenance contractors in order that the repair can be completed. We will only allow your personal data to be handled by third party service providers provided we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal data.
Your personal information will be kept securely after we have finished advising or acting for you but will not be kept for longer than necessary for the purpose we obtained it for. Any information that is no longer needed will be securely deleted or anonymised. The retention period may vary depending on our obligations and the information we hold, for example;
• to meet possible legal and regulatory requirements. It is best practice to keep financial records for a minimum period of 6 years to support HMRC audits;
• to meet agreed industry practices. Property sales related matters may be held for 12 years. Other information e.g. rentals contracts may be held for 6 years.
In order to comply with legal obligation on us to furnish information to authorities e.g. The Home Office, deposit protection schemes and to demonstrate our contract with you, if any.
Our computers are all password protected.
You have the following rights, which can be exercised anytime and free of charge:
1. The right to be informed - You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
2. The right of access - You have the right to access your personal data. We have an obligation to respond to your request to access your data within one month - We cannot charge a fee to deal with a request to access data, in most circumstances
3. The right to rectification - If the data we hold is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right for your personal data to be rectified. You can make a request for rectification verbally or in writing. We must respond to a request within one month
4. The right to erasure - If you do not want us to hold your personal data any longer, you have the right to request it is removed and deleted. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten. You can make a request verbally or in writing and we will respond, within one month, confirming that the data has been deleted or if we have a legitimate interest to hold onto the information. For example, to meet our legal
5. The right to restrict processing - If you do not want us to process the data you have submitted, you have the right to restrict us doing so. We may still store the data to comply with your other rights and other obligations, but it will not be used.
6. The right to data portability - The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse any personal data we hold on you. For example, you have the right to request that we copy and transfer the data to another controller and service provider. Your personal data will be transferred in a safe and secure way
7. The right to object - You can object to us processing your personal data at any time.
8. Right in relation to automated decision making and profiling - This includes the right to not be subject to decision making or profiling by automated
means and without human interaction that has a legal or similarly significant effect on you.
You will be provided with reasonable prior notice of any substantial changes on how we use your information. Any changes will be published when updated and in good time.
Please contact us or our data protection offer by post, email or telephone if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice. Our Data Protection Officer is Joanne Watson who can be contact via email at [email protected] Or in writing at Watson & Watson Property Management, 166 Peel Street, Leeds, LS27 8RH.
In the first instance you should report your concerns directly to Watson & Watson. We are governed by various regulatory bodies and will respond accordingly. Joanne Watson is a member of the ICO (which controls and enforces data protection).
For more information on the implications of the Data Protection Act for landlords and tenants, please visit ico.org.uk/for-the-public/housing/landlords